Objectives: In order to enable the operator to evaluate the opportunity and the potential benefit of a stimulation treatment using the RJD technology, the results of the previous work packages will be analysed in predictive capability to assess RJD performance for geothermal reservoirs. As a result, WP7 provides predictive modelling capability to interpret experimental results for WP4-6.
To this end the following integration sub-objectives are key, in close interaction with WP4-6:
- analyse the water jet drilling process
- analyse the stability of laterals in the ambient stress field
- provide predictive models of connection of RJD to the reservoir (including enhancement through stimulation/acidisation),
- and based on these: to provide methods for up-scaling RJD enhanced flow characteristics in standard reservoir models to predict enhanced reservoir performance or provide methods to interpret RJD well testing results
- provide assessment of enhanced reservoir performance for geothermal reservoirs
- provide optimal designs for application of RJD for geothermal reservoirs